COVID-19 - Making Waves Academy Student & Family Updates
November 2023 Updates
- Masking is optional
- Single-use masks (surgical and KN-95) will continue to be available at the front offices
- MWA supplies hand sanitizer and surface wipes to all classrooms
- Students and staff are encouraged to test for COVID-19 and stay home if they are experiencing two or more of the symptoms below:
- Fever above 100.4°F
- Sore throat
- Nasal congestion
- Unexplained fatigue or body aches
Students and staff may be provided with an over-the-counter (OTC) antigen test kit and may be asked to complete an at home before returning to campus after breaks (Fall and Winter). School Administrators will communicate this before each applicable break as needed.
Based on the current state and county guidelines, MWA students and staff are encouraged to test for COVID under the following circumstances:
- If they feel sick (a second test is recommended 1-2 days later if the first test is negative)
- If they have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID (test 3-5 days after last exposure if no symptoms are present)
- If they have been traveling or in crowded indoor spaces
- Before visiting, people at higher risk for severe illness, such as elderly individuals and people with weakened immune systems.
Test kits are available at each Front office for any student who would like one at any time.
For more information about our COVID-19 and Visitor protocols please visit this link: MWA COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES 2023-2024. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the front office.