COVID-19 - Making Waves Academy Student & Family Updates
April 2023 Updates
We are excited to announce that effective April 2023 our COVID guidelines were updated to reflect the following changes:
- Masking indoors is required, outdoors is encouraged but optional through the end of the school year.
- Single-use masks (surgical and KN-95) will continue to be available at the front offices
- Website tracker will be updated every 2 weeks.
We continue to welcome families on campus and will no longer require visitors to:
- Provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination card
- Proof of a negative test 24 hours prior to visiting campus
However, all visitors are still required to follow the Raptor Visitor Check-in system requirements of providing a government-issued photo ID when checking in with the front offices and masking while indoors.
For more information about or our COVID and Visitor protocols please visit this link: https://tinyurl.com/yckpvjsb. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the front office.
Students and staff will be provided with an over-the-counter (OTC) antigen test kit to complete at home before returning to campus.
In accordance with local and state guidance we are shifting away from large-scale, PCR surveillance testing and towards self-administered antigen testing. All students and staff must complete an over-the-counter (OTC) antigen test:
- after long breaks (Summer, November Break, December Break, etc)
- when symptomatic
- when identified as close contact
The infectious period begins two days before the onset of symptoms. If the case did not have symptoms, the infectious period is considered two days prior to the testing date. Students who were on campus two days prior to testing positive, are designated as “Positive On Campus”. A student designated as an on-campus case does not directly imply that the student contracted COVID-19 on campus. This is in alignment with the guidance by our local county health department.
Attendance Questions - Office of the Registrar