As a part of our comprehensive benefits package offered at Making Waves Academy, we offer
COLA Stipend – MWA offers a significant COLA (Cost of Living Allowance) Stipend (on top of competitive base salaries) for all Full-Time employees, intended to help employees supplement income to address Bay Area housing costs, student debt, child care, and other factors collected from staff survey data and research.
No Interest Loan – After 3 years of service at MWA, full-time MWA employees are eligible for a sizable loan that is forgiven over 5 years of additional service at MWA. This loan can be applied to a down payment on a home or to pay down or pay off college student loan debt.
Medical Benefits – Our medical benefits include full coverage for you and a spouse/domestic partner OR you and any number of children/dependents.
Retirement Benefits – We also offer retirement benefits (CalSTRS for instructional staff, or elective 403(b) matching program for non-instructional staff).
Tuition Assistance Program – MWA offers employees taking college courses for pursuing additional advanced degrees tuition assistance (employees are eligible after 2 years of service with MWA).
Retention Bonuses – MWA Employees are eligible to receive retention bonuses after years 4 and 8.
- Assistant To Registrar
- Upper School Career Services Coordinator
- Math Instructional Specialist
- Executive Assistant
- Director of School Operations
- Upper School Dean of Students
- Chief Learning Officer
- Senior Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Director of Elementary Learning
- Director of Compliance
- Middle School Associate Dean of Students
- Bus Monitor
- Intervention Services Coordinator
- Associate Director of Talent
- Associate Director of IT
Upper School Positions
- Upper School Earth and Space Science Teacher
- Upper School Pre-Calculus Teacher
- Upper School Spanish Teacher
- Upper School Biology Teacher
- Upper School Geometry Teacher
- Upper School Health Sciences Teacher
- Algebra I Teacher
Middle School Positions
We believe in moving qualified candidates through a comprehensive interview process that typically lasts four to six weeks from initial screening interview to final selection and offer of employment. In some instances, the process can be expedited to address the hiring manager's or candidate's needs.If a candidate enters a formal interview process, s/he can expect a process that includes:
- A screening interview, typically by phone
- A first round interview (in person with the hiring manager and/or school leader)
- Completing a hiring exercise that assesses fit for the skills and responsibilities in the role (i.e. a demonstration lesson for teaching candidates), and debriefing that exercise with additional leaders in the community specific to the functional area
- A final round interview that includes the hiring manager, our division directors, other faculty or staff stakeholders
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.