Making Waves Academy (MWA) is a unique community comprised of a variety of stakeholders. One of the signature aspects of this community is the pride that Wave-Makers and their families take in being part of MWA. This is evident in our high levels of parent engagement, student achievement and attendance, the breadth and frequency of school-wide events and activities, and the sportsmanship we display in interscholastic athletics.
As a public charter school, we seek different ways to address being able to offer our holistic approach. Our core program consists of several key features that include:
- Psychological services by trained clinical psychologists and a site-based social worker
- Transportation services to help families get to and from school
- An investment in technology hardware and software for faculty, staff, and students that is accessible throughout the day in every classroom
- Tiered intervention strategies that consists of the use of technology tools and intervention programming and support for our students, and training for our faculty and staff
- An investment in professional development for our faculty and staff in the areas of instruction, supervision, and cultural competency
Your support through direct financial donations and/or volunteering at the school will help us continue to provide a comprehensive program that puts our Wave-Makers on a successful road to colleges, careers, and opportunities that will allow them to fulfill their hopes and dreams.
Thank you in advance for your support.
Alton B. Nelson, Jr., Ed. M.
MWA Chief Executive Officer