Supporting Making Waves Academy's (MWA) efforts can take the form of volunteering to support activities, initiatives, and events. We depend on our stakeholders and supporters to fulfill a variety of roles by donating their time to assist in activities such as:
- Being a panelist (or recommending panelists) for events such as Career Day
- Connecting us with local and regional community partners with whom our students can explore various career fields through internships, field study trips, etc.
- Supporting fundraising, social, or athletic events
- Offering your business’s services or products at a discounted rate
- Serving as a translator; there are many needs throughout MWA for individuals who are fluent in both Spanish and English
- Helping make costumes, scenery, props, or decorations
- Collecting and sending materials for a classroom project
- Traffic control for Saturday parent meetings and school-wide events
For more information, please contact the front office at 510-262-1511 or our Parent/Guardian Engagement Coordinator, Ms. Yabar, at (510) 421-7072 or email@example.com.