College & Career Readiness
College & Career Counseling
- Financial Fit. We encourage students and families to consider the “cost of attendance” for college and whether or not different college choices are fiscally viable and do not rely on the student or family to take on significant debt. Our goal is that students graduate from college with minimal debt.
- Academic Fit. We help students consider and assess whether or not a college or university’s academic profile might be a good match.
- Cultural Fit. We encourage students to gather a variety of data points about colleges and universities to assess whether or not the schools they are considering are a good cultural fit for them through school visits, “fly-in” programs, summer programs, talking to college reps and current and former students, and research online.
Identity. We believe in meaningful engagement through the post-secondary selection process. We push students to grow their identities intentionally, discover their voices, and embrace old and new passions. The college admissions process is structured towards students owning the process while keeping parents informed.
Advocacy. We believe in teaching self-advocacy as essential to success throughout the post-secondary process. Similarly, we advocate actively on behalf of all of our students. We want the college admissions process to mirror some of the processes and challenges they will face once they are on college campuses where they will need to be able to advocate for themselves along with knowing when, where, and how to ask for help.
College & Career Center
The MWA College and Career Counseling (CCC) office is located in the center of campus at the Upper School in Room 228, Building 2. All students and families are welcome! At the CCC, students and families can get information about the following:
- College and university admissions
- Academic planning
- Test preparation
- Career exploration
- Financial aid and scholarships
- Summer programs
- Internships and community service
- Enrichment opportunities
Note to College & University Admissions Representatives: MWA welcomes admissions representative visits throughout the school year; if you would like to schedule a visit, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday – Thursday 8:05am – 3:30pm
Friday 8:05am – 2:00pm